Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thrive!

My new book entitled, Thrive, Don’t Simply Survive, just hit the book shelves this week! The message is timely as many of us are living the life we didn’t plan. This book is about facing the disappointments in life and living victoriously through them rather than barely making it by. There is hope in each challenge we face in life. We can grow to be stronger more compassionate people through the struggles, or we can become bitter and dejected as people. Within our difficulties we can see our need for God more clearly, our faith is strengthened, and we learn about God’s love and care for us.

If you live in the Dallas area, come visit me at one of my booksignings: March 13 at the Barnes and Nobles on Northwest Hwy (7 – 9pm), March 14 Holy Grounds in Grapevine (2 – 4pm) or March 22 Dallas Convention Center at the Christian Book Expo (2:00 booksigning, 4:00 talk). I’d love to meet you there.

Now for a lesson learned from Mexico. This past week I traveled to Puebla, Mexico to speak and encourage the women there who are studying my books in Spanish. It was a blessing and a privilege to share the gospel message, inspire women’s groups and bring encouragement to church leaders. The women there are even starting a Sonshine Girls group called “Chicas Brillantes” based on the Positive Teen book. I’m grateful for the opportunity I had to visit these wonderful women who truly live with the joy of the Lord.

Would you take some time to pray with your family today about the ministry work that is going on in Mexico right now. Please pray for the wonderful Campus Crusade workers Chris and Eddie Dubon as they lovingly reach out and serve the people of Puebla. Pray for open doors and new opportunities to share the gospel. Pray for their strength and for their financial support. They are doing God’s work there in a faithful and powerful way.

The apostle Paul wrote to the Colossians, “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.” (Colossians 4:2 – 5)

Let’s be faithful this week to pray for our friends in Mexico. May God shine His light brightly through their work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karol,
I'm thrilled to hear that your new book is out - congratulations! Thrive will meet people where they are...really sounds terrific! The girls and I will be praying for the Mexico group today. What an exciting ministry in that part of the world!
Blessings,
Jennifer, Shelby & Ashley

Jo said...

I wish you were coming down to Arlington. I would love to meet you!! Congratulations on your new book being out!!

Jo