Monday, April 23, 2012

Perfect Plan


  “Nothing whatever surprises God; all things that happen are absolutely certain from all eternity because they are all embraced in God’s eternal plan.” J. Gresham Machen



“The truth is that you will be in Babylon for seventy years.  But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.  I will be found by you, says the Lord.  I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes.  I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land.”  Jeremiah 29:10 – 14



Encouragement for MOMS

In this passage we see the Lord’s reassurance to His people.  Yes, they were going to go through captivity, but God was letting them know that He would hear their prayers and that He had a great plan for their lives.  We all need reassurance at times, don’t we? Whether we are going through a long term challenge or a short term frustration, there is tremendous comfort in knowing that God has a bigger plan in mind. 

God’s plan is a good one.  I’m sure the Israelites were thinking that seventy years in captivity was not a good plan, but God reassured them that he would give them a future and a hope.  He planned to restore their fortunes and bring them back to their own land.  Dear friend, are you able to trust His plan, even when it doesn’t seem so great at the time?  He assures us that not only does He have a plan, but it’s a good one.  He also assures us that He will listen to our prayers and as we seek Him, we will find Him.  What a powerful message for us and for our families! 



Powerful God, I praise you that you have a good plan for my life.  Praise you that you are able to carry out that plan in your time and in your way.  I trust your love for me.  Thank you for hearing my prayers.  Thank you for the way you work, far beyond what I can see.  Help me to continue to seek your ways all the days of my life.  In Jesus Name, Amen.



 “O Lord, help me not to despise or oppose what I do not understand.”  William Penn



This is a sample from my Positive Mom Devotional which has been given a facelift (new cover) and re-released by Simon & Schuster.

No comments: