Monday, October 20, 2008

He Cares

This past week I had the privilege of going to Amarillo, Texas to speak at a fundraiser for an adoption agency called Special Delivery. My friend Jennifer (whose words of wisdom you will find in several of my books) serves on the board and asked me to give the keynote address. It was truly an honor to celebrate the blessing of life not only for the new born baby, but also the adoptive families and the birthmother. Special Delivery Adoption Agency lovingly cares for both the birth mom and the adoptive families to ensure a smooth and joyful transition. I was blessed to meet the founder, Cindy, whose loving heart sincerely shines the love of Christ. Please visit www.specialdeliveryadoptions.org to learn more about the blessings of adoption through this agency.

The lesson God has been teaching me this week is the fact that God dearly cares for His people. He cares about our worries, our hurts and our challenges. In Amarillo I was reminded He cares for the adoptive family, for the new born child and for the birthmother. Sunday morning back in Dallas the sermon was based on I Peter 5:6 – 8, “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”

Now I’ve mentioned this passage before in earlier blogs, but this weekend my eyes were opened to a new focus. Here are the lessons I learned:
1. God sincerely and lovingly cares for me. It is a beautiful and humble act to fall into His loving arms, giving my cares to Him.
2. Satan wants me to forget that God cares for me. Satan wants to devour me with anxiety.

You see, this past week I have been feeling rather anxious over a number of obligations in my life. I was carrying all the anxiety myself, even waking up at night consumed with worry. I Peter 5 reminded me once again to give my worries to God and trust His care for me. My friend will you do the same? What are you worried about right now? Remember God cares for you. Let’s encourage one another to turn our cares over to our loving God moment by moment, day by day.

No comments: