Monday, March 1, 2010

Lessons from Nashville

“The serene beauty of a holy life is the most powerful influence in the world next to the power of God,” Blaise Pascal.

This past weekend I was in Nashville for two conferences: Women in Christian Media and National Religious Broadcasters. I spent time with dear friends not only from Dallas, but from all over the nation. Over the years we have formed a heartfelt bond in our common goal to bring the message of Christ to the world. It was a tremendous time of fellowship and learning.

This year I am coming home with a personal charge to pray more intently and speak the message of Christ more boldly. As I felt a spark of urgency to speak the truth, I also watched on television as another devastating earthquake hit Chile. Our world is being shaken to the core, but we do have a rock to stand on. Our rock is Jesus and He is the answer to the fears this world may hold.

How do we get the message of truth to a culture who doesn’t seem to want to listen to Christians any more? We must speak in genuine love. We must speak with compassion meeting them where they are. We must speak with truth in terms they can understand and relate to in their own lives.

Praying, praying always. In Nashville as I talked with woman after woman who prayed intently and watched God lead them, guide them and answer them, I was encouraged to seek God’s face in all I do. Moment by moment everyday, with my eyes on Him is where I want to be. To know Him more, to desire Him with all my heart is my daily prayer.

May this world be changed because Christians faithfully reflect the radiance of Christ because they know Him intimately. Let us reflect His love, his humility, and his willingness to suffer on our behalf. Shine brightly for Him!

“Let your light so shine among men that they may see your good works and glorify the Father.”

No comments: