Monday, November 26, 2007

The Real Holiday To Do List

Recently I bought a decorative tile from our local Hallmark store with “The (real) To Do List” printed on it. I keep it by on my desk as a constant reminder of my priorities. Here’s what it says:
Sing.
Smile at strangers.
Keep learning.
Notice kindness.
Eat ice cream.
Hope.
Count your blessings.
Laugh.
Love.
Love some more.

Isn’t that great? Isn’t this list what we ought to include in our lives every day? Well maybe not the ice cream, oh and singing for some of us maybe shouldn’t be included. But you get the idea don’t you? As the Holiday season is in full swing, I need to check and recheck the Real To Do List, before I scurry around doing all things I think must be done on my daily list. For my own personal To Do list I add one more line item: Abide in Christ. As I continually turn my eyes toward Him and walk in His love, He gives me strength, wisdom and a sincere love for others. So as we hustle through our To Do lists this month, let’s remember Christ’s words, “I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”

1 comment:

Vicki Courtney said...

Karol Ladd, a fellow blogger and I didn't even know it! What in the world have you been up to? I haven't seen you in forever and lost your email. Let me know if you're in Austin and we must catch up over lunch. Also, visit my blog and read my post about my author give-away. I would love to have a signed copy or two of your books and send moms to your blog!

Love ya, gal!