Monday, October 29, 2007

Blunders to Blessings

Last week was a comedy of errors. Well maybe it could be better described as simply a week full of personal mistakes. From forgotten responsibilities to missed appointments to getting birthday cards in the mail too late; I would rather not relive last week’s messes. As I lay in bed last night I began reviewing all my short-comings (not a good idea) and finally came to the point of crying out to God (good idea) and asking for His help. I began by confessing my own selfishness. Yes, I admit to you that my own self-centeredness did play a part in some of the disasters of the week. Then I asked for God’s guidance in redeeming several of the situations. Finally I sought God’s help in opening my eyes to areas I need to change as well as alerting me of things I need to remember. I’m so thankful we have a redeeming God who understands our humanity and loves us anyway. Psalm 103 reminds us, “The Lord is merciful and gracious; he is slow to get angry and full of unfailing love.” The Psalmist also said, “The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For he understands how weak we are; he knows we are only dust…But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him.” My sweet friend, I have a feeling I’m not the only one who has blunder-filled weeks. Aren’t you grateful we have a redeeming God who has mercy on us, and can turn our blunders into blessings? Thanks be to God for His mercy and grace toward us! Let us go to Him for wisdom and strength.

Wonderful Lord, thank you for your mercy and grace. Give us wisdom as we seek to glorify you. Grant us strength to do what you have called us to do. Alert us to areas or responsibilities we tend to forget. Redeem our mistakes and help us to learn from them.
We love you. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: