Monday, September 6, 2010

I Will Help You

“Without the assistance of the Divine Being… I cannot succeed. With that assistance, I cannot fail.” Abraham Lincoln

Exodus 4:10 – 12
But Moses pleaded with the Lord, “O Lord, I ‘m just not a good speaker. I never have been, and I’m not now, even after you have spoken to me. I’m clumsy with words.”
“Who makes mouths?” The Lord asked him, “Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go, and do as I have told you. I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say.”

Mom’s Reflection:
Like Moses, it’s so easy for us to focus on what we can’t do, or perhaps don’t want to do. Those negatives can grow into large mountains of cares, concern and confinement. We build our own prison with the bars of “I can’t.” For moms, the can’ts come easily. I can’t cope with the kids, I can’t teach them well, I can’t get it all done, and the list goes on and on. What is God calling you to do? He will help you.
A friend of mine always says, “Where God guides, He provides.” Moses needed to heed those words instead of focusing on what he couldn’t do. We need to hear God’s voice saying to us, “You may not be able to do it on your own, but I made you. I know what you need and I can help you.” Whenever you are tempted to think, “I just can’t do it,” remember that as God leads you, He will give you what you need. He made you, and He is able to equip you for the job.

Prayer:
Oh Glorious Lord, you have called me to be a mother. You have given me a monumental and magnificent job, but I can’t do it alone. I don’t have what it takes, but I do know that you made me and you can equip me for the job. Help me to replace my “I can’ts” with “but God can.” I want to follow you and only do what you are calling me to do in your strength. Thank you for creating me and caring for me. May my life glorify you. In Jesus name, Amen.

Bailey
My Choices:
This week I will choose to focus on what God can do, not what I can’t do.
This week I will choose to seek God’s leadership and guidance.
This week I will choose to ask Him for help in all the tasks that I do.
Further Reading: Exodus 3 & 4

No comments: